Friday, December 10, 2010

Baking... Day 1

I slept in later than I have since college. So I started my day a little later than I anticipated. I chatted with my lovely sister and baking coach first thing after a rolled out of bed and headed to the store with my list of needs. Now, baking and wine don't generally mix, but I picked up a bottle, just in case something went terribly wrong. Good thing I got the wine because I forgot the flour.


Also, one needs Christmas socks while baking! These were sent to me by TPs. They have grippy decals so I don't slip and fall while baking. 
Also, generally my sister/baking coach is my supervisor because I don't follow recipes, which is my baking downfall. I thought Buddha was a good supervisor for the day!
My baking day has now become 2 days. I only go to the store once a day. It's an Emily law. It was already broken once this season, and I didn't see any reason to become Grinch-like, so I made my chocolate goodies today.The fudge recipe I borrowed from How Sweet Treats. It was to only take 3 minutes. Everyone has 3 minutes right?
This is all you need!
1.5 cups chocolate chips (almost a whole bag)
1/4 cup of peanut butter (how about trying this with crunchy??? Never thought of that until now!)
1/2 cup Sweetened and Condensed Milk (Not to be confused with evaporated milk.. which is what I did initially)
1 tablespoon water.

Mix everything into a microwave safe bowl:
Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 more seconds. Everything should be completely melted by this point. If not, Microwave again for 30 seconds. You don't want to burn the chocolate though.

Place in a 9x9 baking dish and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes or more.

I did another batch but without the peanut butter and added walnuts. Just roughly chop them and throw some of them in the mixture. I just took a few little handfuls, but not all of them.



Yes, darling sister. I didn't follow the recipe. If it doesn't work out, I will only blame myself, for you have warned me.

NOW ONTO THE BARK!

I used 1 bag of chocolate chips
4 candy canes
Smash them up with a rolling pin but leave some chunks
Microwave them the same way as with the fudge. The bowl was MUCH hotter with just the chips. (I had to microwave 3 times for 30 seconds.)
Spread melted chocolate onto waxed paper pretty thinly.
Sprinkle the candy cane pieces onto the still warm spread chocolate.
I also have a side for the walnuts that were remaining from the fudge.
Once it has cooled break it into smaller pieces and give as gifts or eat all by yourself, because hey, you did all the work! 

Stay tuned for cookies tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment