Thursday, December 2, 2010

Feeesh and Noodles- From a Girl that Doesn't Follow Recipes

What you need:
A bottle of wine (for drinking only)
2ish cloves of garlic
1 Shallot (not illustrated below)
4 white fish filets (White Roughy)
Enough Basil
A Lemon
3/4 cup of chicken broth (or white wine)
some Olive Oil
Salt for seasoning the broth
A side dish.

First things first. Pour a glass of wine... your preference. I prefer reds, but I am an equal opportunity drinker of wine. Then preheat the over to 375ish...
Next: Chop some garlic... 2 cloves is generally safe. (Shallots REALLY make this taste amazing too... the grocery store I went to didn't have any though. 1 shallot chopped is perfect)

Then get 3/4 cup of chicken broth warming up...You can also use white wine and butter, the choice is yours.

Toss in the garlic and season with salt. I am using the Sea Salt mixture my ma bought for me at the TF Farmer's Market. *You should wish this was a scratch and sniff screen because that shiz smells GOOD*
Now find yourself a lemon like this one.
And roll it with your palm pressing ever so slightly... gets the juices flowin'
Squeeze most of the lemon into the Chicken broth mixture.(I save a little for the end product)  And add a touch of Olive Oil.
Let all the flavors mingle and get warm...
In the mean time... wash some basil. In the past I have made this with the basil from my herb garden, but the basil isn't looking very basilly so I purchased some. I was blown away! $3 for that thing! I need to get a new basil plant asap!
Lay your white fish (pictured is tilapia, but I prefer white roughy) atop of the basil in a glass baking dish.
Then cover with your warm chicken broth mixture.
Toss in the oven for 30 minutes or until the fish is flaky. Now make whatever side you plan on making. Tonight I made Pasta Roni Angel Hair with Herbs and added some broccoli.
Top with a few fresh basil leaves and squeeze a little lemon over the top and serve. (Again, I liked this recipe better with White Roughy, so I suggest cooking with that! Maybe even monk fish *yum!*)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment