Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall makes me need...

Back at home in the Northwest, there is something we like to call coffee. You may think you know coffee, but unless you have had a REAL cup from WA,OR,ID, or MT you haven't. My dear friend Emily was a barista for many'a coffee shop in the years past. I lived with her for a summer, and never had her make me a cup of joe. One of life's biggest regrets, especially when I came across this on her Facebook last fall.





What is this? Mexican coffee. I have had a few variations of this most wonderful and deliciously warm liquid heaven, but never with the fired sugar on top. What concept! If I can get her to come out here to the Southwest I would be more than delighted to buy a torch, solely for the purpose of her making me this delightful beverage.
In the fall I need real coffee (Java, Thomas and Hammer, Dawson Taylor), pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a fireplace with slippers. And a spot of soup here and there.
So what do you say Em? Need a break from the cold yet?

1 comment:

  1. absolutely Em! I love that idea. :) Glad you reminded me of this Mexican Coffee... haven't had it since last fall. I think you are the perfect person to make it with the second time. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete