Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My autumn goal...

 After visiting Idaho and my BFF's house I found my garden envy strengthening. Not only does she have a thriving garden, but my neighbor has a THRIVING garden in AZ, and I may have developed a near obsession like love for Aura Joon's garden.  So, to take care of this envy, I am going to be tearing out my ugly backyard lantanas (my front yard lantanas are beautiful and brilliant) and planting a vegetable garden!

Photobucket

I plan on having the husband build a raised garden bed, as the soil in AZ is garbage, this fall.I will be starting some seedlings indoors this January and then will be transplanting everything as required to have myself a thriving, sustainable garden.

I will hopefully be growing the following veggies and herbs:
  • Cucumbers
  • Various Lettuce Varieties
  • Bell Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Jalapenos
  • Lavender
  • Basil
  • Mint
I am starting my pumpkin seedlings soon so I might have a little pumpkin by fall?

Share any expertise you may have on desert gardening please!

2 comments:

  1. I have zero desert gardening expertise but I share the same envy/goal. I can't wait to get one started! Debating about whether or not to try to start a mini one in pots or just wait until we buy (hopefully next summer)???

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least grow some herbs. Basil is super freaking resilient! That is my vote! Let me know how it goes. Gardening (flowers and what not) has always relaxed me.

    ReplyDelete