Thursday, May 19, 2011

Phx food truck lunch


This morning Mrs. B. Kim sent me an email letting me know that Short Leash Hot Dogs, along with several other food trucks, was going to be in our hood.. and I mean where we work together... not our neighborhood. Attending the truckstravaganza in the Whole Foods parking lot was the best decision I have made all day. 

We stood in line for about 10 mins. When I walked away from the truck, I realized I had forgotten to order my coleslaw, BUT, let's continue with the story. I got my "Weekly Hot Dog" which is a wiener of choice, add caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, bleu cheese and bacon. *drool* Mrs. B. Kim got the Moji Hot Dog... Veggie Wiener, beans, cheese and green chilies... 
We parked our rears on a curb by the Carte Blanche Gourmet where we had been considering a second course, but were too full... But then, the voice of an angel called from her heavenly cart and offered a FREE portabella taco... this intense taco had AMAZING chunks of mushroom, pumpkin seeds and cheese. I believe it was in a sun dried tomato tortilla... and it was OUTSTANDING! I was still so full from my Hot Dog I ended up just eating the innards... which was totally satisfying.
My lunch date and I scurried over to the garbage and were met with coupons for FREE sunblock from Whole Foods! So, since we were already in the parking lot, we traipsed over to get our sunblock... We entered the store and were met by a kind woman who offered us a FREE sample of Potenshaa... a Energizing Face Oil! Oh what a glorious day!
We left Whole Foods with full bellies, a free oil sample, facial sunblock, and I picked up a magazine, and my Bach's Rescue Remedy... as I am sure the next month is going to be quite stressful.
This lunch was a success! (Sorry for the lack of photos, I left my phone at home today... trust me, the food was outstanding, and I have a feeling you will be able to see some pics at Mrs. B Kim's blog soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment